Membership > Benefits of EIBA Membership / Fees & How to Join EIBA or Renew your Membership
Benefits of EIBA Membership – among the many good reasons for joining EIBA are the following:
EIBA members are part of a European yet global network of professionals involved in International Business (IB) research, teaching and practice.
- EIBA members attend the EIBA Annual Conference at a special rate (i.e., membership for the following year is included as part of the registration fee). The Conference is held in various European or international locations each year. In addition to the local touch, the event features high-level academic discussions and exchanges of ideas on IB research work and papers, panel sessions, keynote addresses, tutorial events, and paper development as well as research methods workshops – along with the presentation of various best paper prizes and other coveted EIBA awards.
- EIBA members receive 6 printed issues yearly (for individual use) of EIBA’s flagship journal International Business Review (IBR) published by Elsevier – a top-level IB publication – currently edited by Pervez Ghauri (University of Birmingham).
- EIBA members have full online access to all available volumes of the notable book series Progress in International Business Research (PIBR) published by Emerald Insight – including selected research from the EIBA Annual Conference and excellent IB teaching cases – currently co-edited by Rob van Tulder (RSM Erasmus University) and Alain Verbeke (University of Calgary), featuring the respective EIBA President as guest editor.
[NEW as of 2017 ⇒ Full e-PIBR access for current EIBA members is available via the password-protected link http://www.eiba.org/pibr – another benefit of membership!]
- EIBA members receive the semi-annual EIBAzine – International Business Perspectives e-newsletter – including a variety of EIBA and IB-related news, history, and academic contributions – currently edited by Ana Tavares-Lehmann (University of Porto).
- EIBA members occasionally receive selected community announcements (via bulk e-mail) and have ready access to other relevant information & discussions of interest to those in the International Business field (including what's posted on this website as well as via EIBA's own LinkedIn Group). It is possible to post career opportunities on EIASM's online job markets – including one that is free of charge, specifically targeted towards IB postings (which is managed by EIBA).
- EIBA is an Academy in its own right yet maintains a close partnership with the Academy of International Business (AIB) by hosting special sessions and the AIB Western Europe (AIB-WE) Chapter business meetings (among other joint initiatives & events) at the EIBA Annual Conference, with many EIBA members belonging to both associations.
Questions? For further info or help regarding EIBA memberships, subscriptions to the IBR journal, and e-PIBR access, please e-mail email@example.com.